Getting traffic to a website is the most difficult task for a marketer. No matter how great your website is, if you are not promoting your website enough – traffic won’t just come by itself.
You may have read many conventional tactics to promote your website but let’s take a look at some Out of the Box Methods to promote and increase traffic to your website:
1) Set Your Website as the Homepage On Different Computers: You can set your website as the homepage on all computers in your college, Internet cafes in your city or anywhere you go. People at these kind of public places won’t care to change the homepage. Everyday you can see lot of traffic coming to your website from these sources. And if your website is good enough, people would like to visit it again and again.
2) Organize a Contest on Your Website: People love to participate in contests to win free items. Organize a contest on your website asking readers to like and share your website on different social networking sites to participate in the contest. It’s a great way to get instant traffic.
You can also organize a contest offline in your city. In prizes, you can distribute T-Shirts with your website’s logo & URL on it.
3) Promote Your Website in Public Places: Everyday you might be traveling through Metro, Bus or Train. Just carry a big creative poster of your website next time and keep it straight & open all the time. People would always notice you and would like to check your website when they visit their home. This kind of promotion is completely free and can bring good results.
4) Video Marketing: Video Marketing is used to build brand awareness for your website. Just create a video which would give its viewers a taste of your brand or concept and at the same time, is funny or informative so that people would like to share it on different social media platforms. If it goes viral, then huge traffic can come to your website.
5) Organize a Charity Event or Blood Donation Camp: You can organize a charity event or Blood Donation Camp in your city and sponsor the event with your website. Put banners and give people your business cards. With this, you might get free publicity in the local newspaper too.
6) SMS Marketing: Type a creative SMS and send it to your friends and ask your friends to forward it to others. Add your website URL at the end of SMS. Always remember, the SMS should be funny or informative so that people would like to forward it to others and at the same time, it should be associated with your brand or concept.
7) Print stickers and stick it to where ever you go, to the cars and bus you travel. But be careful, don’t get caught. 8)
8 ) Flyer Marketing: Leave fliers of your website at public places, or drop these fliers at different homes in your neighborhood or city.
9) Controversy: ‘There’s no such thing as bad publicity’. All publicity is good if it is intelligent. The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about it. So, organize an event or write an article that gets people talking, the more controversial the better it is.
10) Come up with an April Fools’ prank: This is something that can be done once a year only. But if you can come up with something funny or interesting one, it can bring huge traffic to your website. You can even get free links from other websites who would share your prank with their readers. Check out some of the best April Fools’ Day Pranks.Click Here To Like our Facebook Page to get regular jobs, exams and study material updates.