As a website owner, it is very important to keep track of your Website traffic, visitors and number of hits on different pages. Website traffic helps you to find out how the website is performing, you can compare it with other websites and you can also find out that how much money you can generate through different advertising sources.
There are several sources available these days to find out the traffic on your website:
1) Alexa: Alexa is the number one free source to get information about websites including Top Sites, Internet Traffic Stats and Metrics, Related Links, Online Reviews Contact Information and you can also find out the rankings of different sites.
e.g. Google is at number one position followed by Facebook.
2) Google Analytics: It is a free service provided by Google that generates detailed statistics about the visitors to a website Google Analytics lets you measure your advertising ROI as well as track your Flash, video, and social networking sites and applications. But you need to be the owner of the website to check results from Google Analytics as you need to put a code on your site to measure the statistics. You cannot check other website’s stats from Google Analytics.
3) TrafficEstimate: It is a free service where you can check profiles of over seven hundred thousand websites providing traffic statistics, web analytics, keyword and competitor analysis, contact information, and more. The information can be used to guide your marketing decisions, search engine optimization (SEO), and increase your website traffic.
4) StatCounter: It is a free service with the help of which you can get real time and detailed web statistics. All you need to do is to insert a code on your web page and you can analyze your visitors in real time. You can make the stats in public view also. StatCounter also provides premium service with more features.
5) Webtrends: It is a paid service which works like Google Analytics but provide more detailed statistics about your website to enhance its performance.
6) dnScoop: Another free service to check statistics about website. You can website ranking and can estimate the monetary value if you want to sell your website.
7) WebsiteValueSpy: It is a free service through which you check website value statistics and estimate the value of your website or your competitors sites. You can also check an estimate amount of how much money your website is generating through Ads. It shows data even for new websites.
8 ) Complete: Compete’s data comes from a statistically representative cross-section of 2 million consumers across the United States who have given permission to have their internet clickstream behaviors and opt-in survey responses analyzed anonymously as a new source of marketing research. It is a good service to check the analytics if your website targets U.S users.
9) CubeStat: It is another free service to check your website worth, daily pageviews and daily ad revenue. But new websites data is not shown.
10) Quantcast: Another free service where you can check statistics such as traffic frequency or demographics of your website.