Canadian mobile handset manufacturer Research in Motion (RIM) launched its new smartphone in India – Blackberry Curve 9220 at Rs. 10,990 (US$210) on Wednesday. The new Curve 9220 is the cheapest BlackBerry Curve smartphone to have the latest Blackberry 7.1 OS. The phone is being considered as the successor to the RIM’s best selling phone in India – Curve 8520.
The new BB Curve 9220 smartphone offers all the market-leading BB messaging & social-centric features that people love in India. Apart from it, the new BB curve also comes with an introductory offer to download free apps worth Rs 2,500 such as games, photo studio pro, pencil camera, and horoscope oracle till June 30, 2012.
Specs & Features of Blackberry Curve 9220:
– Blackberry OS 7.1
– Qwerty keypad
– 2.44-Inch QVGA Resolution display
– 800 MHz Processor and 512MB of RAM
– 2 MP Camera
– WiFi, Music Playback and Built in FM radio.
– Memory Expandable up to 32GB via Micro SD Card
– 7 hours of talk time and up to 28 hours of music playback on headphones.
– Priced at Rs. 10,990
The new Blackberry Curve will be available from April 19 across India.