Facebook launched its Mobile App platform, bringing all the social channels that have helped apps and games reach millions of users on the Web to mobile apps.
Now you can easily reach the 350 million people who use Facebook every month on a mobile device, including iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, & our mobile web site (m.facebook.com).
The mobile platform for Android will be in the near future.
The features are still under development but it will give a richer experience to users on mobile devices.
Features in Updated Mobile App:
– Games & Apps: Play games & access your favorite apps on your mobile now.
– Navigation: Send a message or see your notifications from any screen, & swipe to browse Facebook without losing your place in News Feed.
– Bookmarks: Your groups,apps and pages all will appear in your left-hand menu, & the ones you use most are right on top
– Search: Search for anything on Facebook— apps, people, pages & that is also without having to click around or switch views.
– Security: We’ve added a few updates to make the app more secure.
– But the speed of the updated app is really slow and many users complaint that it crashes.
Overall, this is a great news for the HTML5 based app developers.
You can try out some HTML5 based apps by visiting fb.me/mobileappshowcase on your phone or tablet.
See mobile documentation for more information.
Facebook also launched its awesome iPad app yesterday with the Mobile app platform.