Facebook has recently launched a Subscribe button that lets you follow the public updates of people, regardless of whether you are Facebook friends.
You can use Subscribe Button to:
1) Choose what you see from people in your News Feed
2) Hear from people, even if you are not facebook friends
3) Let people hear from you, even if you are not facebook friends
Choose what you see from people in your News Feed
With the Subscribed button, you can choose what you want to see in your News Feed:
– All updates: Everything your friend posts
– Most updates: The amount you’d normally see
– Important updates only: Just highlights, like a new job or move
Subscribe to Interesting People
Get Your Own Subscribers
People who subscribe to you will only see posts which you set as “Public” in your News Feeds.
To allow people subscribe to you, go to the Subscriptions Page & click Allow Subscribers.
Once you allow subscribers, you can also decide who can comment & what notifications you will get.
You’ll also see a Subscribers tab on your profile, where you can see who subscribes to you.
The new feature is very similar to following somebody on Twitter.
What do you think about this new feature?