Social Media is the new revolutionary platform for businesses. It has completely transformed the way we connect with customers and generate new leads. There are so many social media sites these days that it gets confusing for businesses where to start with. Every social network is unique and important in its own way. So, it’s really crucial to integrate the use of Cross Channel Digital Advertising Solutions for the all-round development of your company.
1) Facebook – To Engage with customers
Personal networks are for school and college buddies. When people use Facebook – they tend to be in a casual mindset looking to socialize, be entertained and kill time. They are just passing the time away.
Users on Facebook expect to see updates from friends & family, information & updates about their personal interests and entertainment content.
To be successful on Facebook, you have to align your strategy with the mindset of users. If you’re going to distract casual mindset of users by talking only about your brand, you are most likely going to fail. Instead, share humorous content and updates surrounding your industry to get users attention and in no time they will start engaging with your brand.
Few Tips for Facebook Marketing:
– Humor Sells.
E.g. Indian Ecommerce startup bewakoof.com is doing great in terms of engagement and traction by sharing humorous content on their Facebook page.
– Target Emotional Quotient of users.
E.g. Spring in the Air, a flower supplier based in Florida shared a letter from a Mother to her daughter just before Mother’s Day this year. In no time, the post went viral and has received 82,475 likes, 477,113 shares and 23,232 comments till now. Before this post, their Facebook page had less than 2,000 fans and now they have more than 16,000 fans.
– Engage in conversation. Reply to comments and wall posts. Ask Questions. (Read: Top 5 Tools To Increase Engagement on Facebook)
– Share rich media content such as photos and videos to get more likes and shares.
See Also: 10 Helpful Resources on Facebook Marketing
2) LinkedIn – To Generate new leads
Unlike Facebook, LinkedIn is the network for professionals. When people use LinkedIn – they are looking for new opportunities, current news and insightful discussions. People may not spend much time on LinkedIn as much as they do on Facebook but whatever time they spend, they are looking to gain something out of it.
Few Tips For LinkedIn Marketing:
– Participate in conversation on LinkedIn groups. Solve a problem and people will notice you.
– Do not spam your wall or LinkedIn groups with irrelevant updates.
3) Pinterest – To increase visibility of your brand
Pinterest is the next big thing in Social Media. It gives brands a chance to showcase their creative side. Users on Pinterest are hungry for creative and visual content. More than 70 per cent of Pinterest users are female, so you have to keep this in mind while developing your strategy for Pinterest.
Recent reports show that Pinterest provides more referral traffic to other sites than Google+, LinkedIn & YouTube combined.
Few Tips For Pinterest Marketing:
– Use hashtags so people can easily discover your content.
– Pin only original and creative content.
– Add detail information and links in the description of your pins.
See Also: The Ultimate Guide to Pinterest Marketing
4) Twitter – To Share Links & Current news and for Better Customer Service
Twitter is the best news channel. Unlike Facebook or LinkedIn, you can use your Twitter wall to share all kind of information.
Few Tips For Twitter Marketing:
– Do not use affiliate links in your tweets.
– Do not spam your followers’ inbox with messages to sell a product or service.
– Use hashtags as it will make your tweets more searchable and visible in various applications people use to find trending topics.
– Follow people with similar interests to increase your followers.
– Give quick response to customers’ queries.
Top 100 Tools And Apps For Ultimate Twitter Experience ( Free Ebook )
How to Increase Followers on Twitter
5) Google+ – To organize hangouts and make your content Search friendly
Google+ is the new social network from Google. If used properly, it can give your content a huge boost in search rankings. The main idea behind launching Google+ is to make search more social and around your friends. Apart from that, you can also use it to organize hangouts with your followers and customers.
Few Tips For Google+ Marketing:
– Increase your followers that will benefit you more in search rankings.
– Increase “+1” on your content.
– Include keywords in the profile description and your posts.
– Include hashtags for better search visibility.
– Organize hangouts to connect with your customers in a more personal way.
6) YouTube, Reddit and StumbleUpon – To Go Viral
YouTube is the biggest video sharing website on the web. Many brands became successful only due to their presence on YouTube. Have you heard the story of Orabrush Tongue Cleaner?
After spending thousands of dollars on traditional advertising, a man created a video for just $500 to explain the benefits of Orabrush and posted on YouTube. Within the first few months, the video went viral and now he is running one of the most successful businesses across the United States.
See Also: 8 YouTube SEO Tips To Rank Higher in Search Results
StumbleUpon is a discovery engine to find cool things on the internet. It allow users to find and rate web pages, videos and photos on the web that are personalized to their tastes & interests using peer-sourcing and social-networking principles. If your content goes viral on StumbleUpon, it can easily bring 1-2 lacs visitors on your website within the time frame of 3-5 days.
Stereomood.com is a web based application that allows users to listen to music that matches a certain emotion they’re currently in. This simple web service received more than 4, 00,000 hits from StumbleUpon itself within the first few months of its launch.
Reddit is a kind of social bookmarking site where registered users submit content (links, photos, videos, etc.) and other users vote the submission with up or down to rank the content and determine its position on the website’s pages and front page. Just like StumbleUpon, it can also bring huge amount of visitors to your website if your post reaches front page of the website.
7) Tumblr – To Showcase Personal Side of your company
Tumblr is a micro blogging platform & social networking site where users post multimedia content to their blogs. As a business, you can showcase the personal side of your employees and business on Tumblr.
Check out the Tumblr blog of Mashable at mashablehq.com where you can find behind the scenes look at Mashable from within its headquarters.
Social Media is a great platform that allows brands to connect with customers directly. The ultimate goal of Social Media marketing should be to turn your customers into personal evangelist. And all this can be achieved only through integrated use of different social media platforms.