Last month, Google launched a new resource for small businesses – Webmaster Academy. The main goal of this resource is to teach small businesses the basics of how Google search works, how to rank your content higher in search results and how to improve your site performance overall.
Google has updated the resource with many helpful videos. So, here’s the list of Top 10 videos for you to check out and learn more about Google search and Search Engine Optimization(SEO).
You can also download Google’s official Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide.
1) How Search Works
Do you know that the life span of a Google query is less then half second, and it involves quite a few steps before you see the most relevant results. In this video, Matt Cutts explains how Google crawls, indexes, & serves the web.
2) Make sure Google knows about your website
Find out if your website is in Google’s search results already or not, and if it is not, how to get it included.
3) How to influence or improve your site’s listings in Search
In this video, Matt Cutts discusses how Google creates search result snippets and how you can optimize your website for Google.
4) How to Create great content that performs really well in Google search results
In this video, Alexi Douvas from Google’s Search Quality Team discusses how to create great content and improve your organic traffic from Google.
5) Webspam Content Violations
In this video, Michael Wyszomierski from Search quality team talks about webspam content violations.
6) How to improve your ranking in Google search results if your website focuses on video or images
7) Use Sitemaps to help Google to find content on your website
Sitemaps help Google & other search engines discover content on your website so that relevant content can be served for relevant queries.
8 ) An Introduction to Google+
9) Link Your Google+ Profile to your content
What is Authorship Markup and its benefits.
10) How malicious parties can spam your website