Apple finally unveiled its iOS 6 at WWDC 2012 with more than 200 improvements & updates when compared to iOS 5. The new iOS will work on iPhone 3GS and later,the 2nd and 3rd generation iPads and the 4th generation iPod touch( But some of the features will not work in previous iPhone models, check out this table to find out more details). Apple is making sure to make the mobile computing the best ever experience for all the users with these updates.
Here’s 10 Things You Need To Know About iOS 6:
1) Advanced Siri
– Now tweet with Siri.
– Siri will now integrate with Yelp, OpenTable and Rotten Tomatoes.
– Siri is now available in more new languages.
– Siri will now get hands Free voice-control integration with in-car systems.
– Siri will be available in new iPad.
– Launch Apps with Siri.
2) Facebook Integration
Apple finally integrated its iOS with Facebook also after integration with Twitter last year.
– Offline reading lists
– Smart App banners ( Whenever you visit the mobile site of any company that has its own iPhone app, now it will show a banner at the top of mobile site that will take you directly to that app in App Store. Great scope for app developers with this addition)
4) Maps App
– Finally Apple also launched its own Maps app which is integrated with Yelp.
– It also integrates Traffic information and 3-D photographic rendering feature called Flyover.
– Integration with Siri too.
Passbook is a new iOS app which collects all of your ticket information and other information into one place for easy access.
6) Do Not Disturb
Do Not Disturb is a great feature in which Messages, alerts, phone calls, etc. will come to your iPhone, but your device won’t light up or make any noise.
And the best thing is that you can set exceptions to still receive phone calls or messages from your near or dear ones. You can also set this feature to disengage, which means when someone calls from the same number twice in 3 minutes — you phone will start ringing again.
Now share groups of photos to your friends over iCloud. Users can even comment on the photos.
8 ) Phone App
Now whenever someone calls you, Apple has added two new buttons that pop up: Reply With Message and Reply Later. Reply With Message allows you to choose 1 of 4 texting options and with Reply Later, you can set a reminder to call back your friend.
Now FaceTime will work over cellular connections and not just WiFi and you can also choose to answer on your iPad or Mac.
10) Mail App
– VIP Feature that will highlight mail from important people.
– Pull to refresh to get new mails.
– Open password protected documents right in your device.
The beta version of iOS 6 will be available for Developers later this afternoon while for Customers, it will available to download on their devices in this fall.